Saturday, August 08, 2009

Soups On!


I love soup but I don't really make it with one exception. This is an incredible soup! I've had a few requests for this lately so I thought I'd post it here.
Thanks to my friend Nora for passing this one along.

TORTELLINI SOUP

Chop 4 tomatoes
Brown 1 lb. Italian sausage
1 can (15 oz.) Italian tomato sauce
4 c. beef broth
1 c. chopped onion
1 clove garlic
1 c. sliced carrots
1 tsp. basil and oregano
Combine and simmer for 30 minutes

Add: 2 c. sliced zucchini or squash
1 c. mushrooms
1 chopped green pepper
1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley or 1 tsp. dried parsley
1 c. chopped dill pickle****
2 c. refrigerated type cheese tortellini
Simmer 1 hour

****this is the ingredient that makes all the difference! (of course unless you are allergic)
This recipe makes a LOT of soup. It can be frozen or give 1/2 to a friend


1 comment:

Jeanie said...

I'll copy this one for future reference. Once it gets cold it's soup season and it sounds fabulous!