Friday, March 07, 2008

A New Earth


I bought the book. I bought into the hype. I watched the first Oprah class. I read the first chapter.
Now what?
I know that question sounds irreverent and perhaps self explanatory but I am sincere.
I would love to have feedback on this one.
I talked to my very talented and insightful friend Wendy, who always has very sound ideas. (I should hope so, she IS a life coach and motivational speaker) She loves the book and believes that, although she might not agree with all of it, there is something to be learned from it.
I'm not sure yet what I think or feel. The book seems a little New Agey to me and a little esoteric. I certainly plan to continue watching and reading but What do you think?
I would like to hear your comments and insight.

3 comments:

Pam Aries said...

Hi Jane! thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes, I have read the book! twice ! To me it is the best book of it's kind. It has helped me understand a lot about myself and the human race. As soon as I read the first 2 pages I knew it was an enlightening and powerful book. I feel that people are going to be ready for it ..or not ..as Tolle says. One thing for sure ..he goes to the very core of a human Being! I don't know if you have gotten to the part about ego yet...boy he hit the nail on the head..ha ha! I hope you can enjoy and learn ! good luck!

Jane said...

Thank you Pam! I'll keep plugging away.

Jeanie said...

Hi, Jane,

I'm glad Pam came by! That was the first spot I heard about this book. Still haven't bought it yet, but it seems to be the kind of thing that I would enjoy. I'll mention it on the Gypsy!