Monday, March 17, 2008

Top O' the Mornin' to Ya

HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY!

A few jokes for ya and a some interesting facts.

An Irishman and an American were sitting in the bar at Shannon Airport."I've come to meet my brother," said the Irishman. "He's due to fly in fromAmerica in an hour's time. It's his first trip home in forty years"."Will you be able to recognize him?" asked the American."I'm sure I won't," said the Irishman, "after all, he's been away for a long time"."I wonder if he'll recognize you?" said the American."Of course he will," said the Irishman. "Sure, an' I haven't been away at all".






The Doctor was puzzled "I'm very sorry but I can't diagnose your trouble, Mahoney. I think it must be drink. ""Don't worry about it Dr. Kelley, I'll come back when you're sober." "Did you hear that Flanagan invented an invisible deodorant ?" "No, what good is it ?""Well if you use, you vanish and no one knows where the smell is coming from !"





The Doctor was puzzled "I'm very sorry but I can't diagnose your trouble, Mahoney. I think it must be drink. ""Don't worry about it Dr. Kelley, I'll come back when you're sober."


Before invention of the thermometer, brewers used to check the temperature by dipping their thumb, to find whether appropriate for adding Yeast. Too hot, the yeast would die. This is where we get the phrase " The Rule of the Thumb"




In English pubs, ale is ordered by pints and quarts. So in old England, when customers got unruly, the bartender used to yell at them to mind their own pints and quarts and settle down. From where we get "mind your own P's and Q's".

No comments: