Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Big Scoop



So I went to the grocery the other day; long overdue shopping to be done. New job and all that. Anyway, my favorite store usually has a sale on ice cream every few weeks or so. 3 "half gallons for $9. Can't beat that price when they usually cost almost $6 regularly especially when our gas prices are not the only thing skyrocketing. Food has been on a huge upswing in price these days. So I grabbed the ice cream from the dozens of tubs and types and put it in the freezer next to tub with only a spoonful or two left and I noticed something odd. It was VERY much smaller than the one already there. Not just shorter and fatter but just plain shorter. Turns out companies are not the only thing downsizing these days. Our once almost 1/2 gallon (1.75 quarts) of ice cream is now not even an "almost" but a "once was" at 1.50 quarts. Let me know if you begin to spot other downsized products.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

That happened a bit ago to my Light and Fit yogurt. Hadn't noticed the Edy's containers, though. Interesting. I like that ice cream. Everything with dairy seems out of control these days...