Sunday, November 23, 2008

Change of Address

One of my dearest friends is moving....FAR, FAR away.

She just sent me an email with her new address. But, I refuse to change her address at least not yet. If I don't change her address I can make believe she's still here in Michigan. After all we talk on our cell phones, and who knows where we catch each other, and we email, could be from anywhere but I prefer to think from her HOME in Michigan.

I know at some point I will have to change her address if I want to send her a real card, although those e-cards are pretty darn cute or when I send a gift. I could probably hold this one at bay for almost a year since we will absolutely get together in Michigan to celebrate Christmas and her birthday isn't for another 9 months! Maybe by then I will be OK. Her husband's company is based here and he, and of course she, will be back every 6 weeks or so. At least that's their story.

So I'm going to bury my head in the sand and blithely go about my life picturing Wendy here in Michigan. Maybe that will help me not miss her so much.

2 comments:

Wendy Fleming said...

Oh Jane...this is the sweetest thing ever! Thank you for loving me so much. You and I both know, we will always see one another and be totally connected. Always. xoxo Wendy

Jeanie said...

This is a lovely post. Wendy? We will be in Wendy's far-away next week!

Take care and have a lovely Thanksgiving!