Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Spring Break!!


John and I are going to Asheville, North Carolina for Spring Break. It isn't Costa Rica but it will do.
We head out for Lexington, Kentucky for a day and some horse racing and then meet up with our friend Nora and her son David in Asheville. David is a senior at Warren Wilson College and will be graduating this spring. Nora has been saying for years now that I have to see Asheville. I would love it. So that's the plan. We'll hang out together and see all the great sights, shop in the very artsy town, visit some bead stores (of course) eat at cute little trendy restaurants, do a tour of the college and soak up the wonderful southern hospitality.
I'll post my pictures when I return and update you on our travels

3 comments:

Nora said...

Can't wait to go! We will have such fun. Bring your walking shoes and a sense of humor for the simple life at Warren Wilson :)
Nora

Jeanie said...

You're probably off and out! So, you may miss "Souvenir" at BoarsHead. Try to see it if you can. It's hysterical.

I love Asheville -- Grove Park Inn, Biltmore, all those arts and crafts! Enjoy!

Jane said...

Jeannie, I agree. I saw this show in NY with Judy Kaye and she was phenomenal. I'm planning on catching it this weekend when I get back.